Agricultural Council of Maine Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
9:00 a.m. — 12:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order; Introduction of Guests
• Nancy Perry from Good Shepherd Foodbank will talk about their recent grant award.
• Nancy McBrady from Maine Wild Blueberry Commission will give us an update on the Wild Blueberry crop and sales.
• Jerry Ireland, Executive Director of United Farmer Veterans of Maine
would like to continue as they were before, but with a new name.
The Farmer Veteran Coalition of Maine is no longer a group.
2. Secretary’s Report of Meeting-final draft sent via email on September 6, 2016.
3. Treasurer’s Report—8/30/16 Beginning Balance $9,621.17
Membership $150.00 (Paris Farmers Union & Land For Good)
Checkbook Balance Sept. 27, 2016 $9,771.55
4. Legislative Updates
5. Old business:
1. AGCOM website update
6. New Business:
• Department of Agriculture Update
• College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture
Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station Update
• Extension Update
• Kennebec Valley Community College Update
• USDA Update
• Other Updates
Adjournment, the next meeting will be October 25, 2016 from 9 A.M. to Noon at the Farm Bureau Building in Augusta. Featured presentations will include having the UMaine Food Science Team and a Farm Bill Discussion led by Marge, Olin, Chris, & Emily, our Congressional delegations.
There is a Climate Risk Workshop agenda for Oct. 20 & 21 in Wells. Here is the link to register: https://www.climatelinks.org/events/1st-annual-international-technical-workshop-climate-risk-facing-challenges-global-climate